PharmacyWire plugin installation
- Login as an administrator to your WordPress Admin account. Using the “Add New” menu option under the “Plugins” section of the navigation, you can click the “Upload” link, upload the ‘wp-pharmacywire.zip’ file you were sent by Metrex, and then click “Install Now”. Or you can unzip and upload the plugin to your plugins directory (wp-content/plugins/). In either case, when done wp-content/plugins/wp-pharmacywire/ should exist.
- Locate and activate the ‘WP PharmacyWire’ plugin on the ‘Plugins’ page. This will create the default PharmacyWire pages on your WordPress site.
- Click the ‘PharmacyWire Settings’ link in the left hand sidebar on your WordPress admin page. Enter the developer connection information as supplied to you by Metrex when you were supplied the WP PharmacyWire plugin. Press ‘Save’ to save the settings.
- Once your settings have been saved, click ‘Refresh Catalog’ to verify that your plugin is able to connect to the PharmacyWire development server you were supplied. If the connection fails, please contact Metrex immediately.
- Click the ‘Store’ link in the left hand sidebar on your WordPress admin page. Enter the contact information for your pharmacy that will appear on the site for your customers, including name, address, shipping fee and default email message to be sent for new customer signups.
- Next, you will need to setup your website to support HTTPS functionality. Metrex will not certify your site as ready to connect to the PharmacyWire software until your site uses HTTPS for all pages on the site.
- You can now customize your theme and pages to support full PharmacyWire services directly from your site. Visit the PharmacyWire shortcode documentation for details on how to customize your pages to include PharmacyWire content directly in your pages.